Last night we had our second meet of 'Pit Stop'. It's been two months, but we're all trying. This ministry came about where many young people like myself have been quickly washed by the scenes of the corporate world, the worldly ambition and nature of how work life courses take us - we travel, we work weekends, we work past 8pm - we basically don't have time!
And it has been a grave concern for me, as the core bible study group has split to do their own thing and some have left, and it's been heavy on my heart and mind to reignite this fellowship and friendship and where we don't talk about me-problems. Last night, I'm sure the earlier intention and purpose was not too different till something happened - we got stuck.
We had the meet at my place and we basically got stuck in the lift. It was my first. And we got stuck together as group. It was congested with 7 with another 2 children, and after some waiting - most of us were wondering, some impatient when the elevator maintenance team was going to arrive. We got stuffy soon after, some faces had changed, some exchange of small talk to lighten up the mood but to no avail. The wait continue to stretch and many started throwing off different suggestions to clamp the door open, mess up the buttons, using our tech savvy phones to contact people for help. However naturally it was also a bunch of Christians in the lift, and just moments we decided probably attempt to seek prayer, the maintenance people arrived and the doors were open, and one lady commented, "Let's give thanks."
We finally settled down in my apartment with comfort of living space and air condition, took a breather, and we got people around (6 of us), the guitar and some song books. We started off with some songs and an opening prayer. The setting was quiet, peaceful and very much reflective to the scene of the elevator. I was thinking what could the meaning of being stuck in the lift. After a couple more songs, I shared a prayer and spoke about the connection of the elevator.
Being stuck in the elevator kinda resemble the world that we're in, it's congested and always filled with people in and out. We're always trying to hit the highest floor, reaching new targets, a rather intense and impersonal scene as well for we rarely speak and just get on with our own lives. The ambition, the course of wanting to be secure in this world resemble that box. When things go haywire or a standstill - then a move/change of looking and understanding your surroundings. It's a stuffy situation and cluttered. But there was a aim at that moment - to be on the 17th to fellowship and be with the Lord, and that mattered.
I really miss authentic fellowship, a time to just gather and sing and pray and share our innermost thoughts about God and life, and very surprisingly last night - we had a poignant time together, there was a time of edification and it encouraged me very much to know that God is in control. As humans, we're amazing planners and fantastic executors for I've been so much in all of us but when things go wrong - we try to fix it, and fix it fast. Maybe it's our reactive nature to begin with, and I see so much going on in within me at work. Trying to cover this, cope with this, fix that, sort this and handle that, working through this first and that later but have I ever thought about - p.r.a.y.i.n.g.f.i.r.s.t
Honestly, I have been so caught up about preparing for the future that it has taken so much out of me, planning for security, finance, family, career and doing all the adult things; trying to fix the 'problem' - basically manhandling all these issues that I removed God out of the entire picture.
This has pierced my heart and I need that piercing because I was suffocating inside - the famed soonwei forward planning system is flawed. And I'm glad that I was saved in time for I don't know about tomorrow.
I think the lyrics for this particular song/hymn really sums it all up.
I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from it's sunshine
For it's skies may turn to grey
I don't worry over the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what is ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
Every step is getting brighter
As the golden steps I climb
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined
There is sunshine's alway shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky
I don't know about tomorrow
It may bring me poverty
But The One who feeds the sparrow
Is The One who stands by me
And the path that be my portion
May be through the flame or flood
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.
:: I think its better getting stuck with Jesus than getting stuck out in the world. May I remember that The One who feeds the sparrow is The One who stands by me. Thank You Lord (we don't seem to do enough). I'm sorry.
And it has been a grave concern for me, as the core bible study group has split to do their own thing and some have left, and it's been heavy on my heart and mind to reignite this fellowship and friendship and where we don't talk about me-problems. Last night, I'm sure the earlier intention and purpose was not too different till something happened - we got stuck.
We had the meet at my place and we basically got stuck in the lift. It was my first. And we got stuck together as group. It was congested with 7 with another 2 children, and after some waiting - most of us were wondering, some impatient when the elevator maintenance team was going to arrive. We got stuffy soon after, some faces had changed, some exchange of small talk to lighten up the mood but to no avail. The wait continue to stretch and many started throwing off different suggestions to clamp the door open, mess up the buttons, using our tech savvy phones to contact people for help. However naturally it was also a bunch of Christians in the lift, and just moments we decided probably attempt to seek prayer, the maintenance people arrived and the doors were open, and one lady commented, "Let's give thanks."
We finally settled down in my apartment with comfort of living space and air condition, took a breather, and we got people around (6 of us), the guitar and some song books. We started off with some songs and an opening prayer. The setting was quiet, peaceful and very much reflective to the scene of the elevator. I was thinking what could the meaning of being stuck in the lift. After a couple more songs, I shared a prayer and spoke about the connection of the elevator.
Being stuck in the elevator kinda resemble the world that we're in, it's congested and always filled with people in and out. We're always trying to hit the highest floor, reaching new targets, a rather intense and impersonal scene as well for we rarely speak and just get on with our own lives. The ambition, the course of wanting to be secure in this world resemble that box. When things go haywire or a standstill - then a move/change of looking and understanding your surroundings. It's a stuffy situation and cluttered. But there was a aim at that moment - to be on the 17th to fellowship and be with the Lord, and that mattered.
I really miss authentic fellowship, a time to just gather and sing and pray and share our innermost thoughts about God and life, and very surprisingly last night - we had a poignant time together, there was a time of edification and it encouraged me very much to know that God is in control. As humans, we're amazing planners and fantastic executors for I've been so much in all of us but when things go wrong - we try to fix it, and fix it fast. Maybe it's our reactive nature to begin with, and I see so much going on in within me at work. Trying to cover this, cope with this, fix that, sort this and handle that, working through this first and that later but have I ever thought about - p.r.a.y.i.n.g.f.i.r.s.t
Honestly, I have been so caught up about preparing for the future that it has taken so much out of me, planning for security, finance, family, career and doing all the adult things; trying to fix the 'problem' - basically manhandling all these issues that I removed God out of the entire picture.
This has pierced my heart and I need that piercing because I was suffocating inside - the famed soonwei forward planning system is flawed. And I'm glad that I was saved in time for I don't know about tomorrow.
I think the lyrics for this particular song/hymn really sums it all up.
I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from it's sunshine
For it's skies may turn to grey
I don't worry over the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what is ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand
Every step is getting brighter
As the golden steps I climb
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver lined
There is sunshine's alway shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky
I don't know about tomorrow
It may bring me poverty
But The One who feeds the sparrow
Is The One who stands by me
And the path that be my portion
May be through the flame or flood
But His presence goes before me
And I'm covered with His blood.
:: I think its better getting stuck with Jesus than getting stuck out in the world. May I remember that The One who feeds the sparrow is The One who stands by me. Thank You Lord (we don't seem to do enough). I'm sorry.

0 Responses to “Stuck”
Post a Comment